Someone cut down poles and removed all eight of the city's Flock cameras between July 29 and August 1, causing an estimated $24,000 in damage.
The thefts appear to have happened Replacement cost is about $3,000 each.
When police asked the public for tips, the responses poured in:
➡“The Flock cameras tore themselves down.”
➡“Whoever did it was fishing with me.”
➡“Whoever it was was at Bible study with me.”
Over 900 people commented on a WPD post about the theft before the department restricted further comments. “It’s almost like people don’t want to be watched 24/7,” one person wrote. “I need to buy whoever did this a drink,” another stated. “Hopefully it was a sworn officer, realizing that their duty to uphold the constitution necessitated the removal of the devices,” a third commenter quipped.
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/winona-police-wont-replace-stolen-flock-cameras/
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/winona-police-wont-replace-stolen-flock-cameras/
Maybe it was an autonomous sawzall. Mounted on a self driving tractor
Thank you for reporting this about great Americans. The humorous responses certainly let the Town of Winona know what people think. Incidentally, I was not in Winona that day. My car broke down on my way and I had to spend the night with my Aunt Semolina.
ReplyDelete