I get a statement in the mail, that my renewal will be about twice the amount I was charged last year.
Since there is not a SINGLE thing that has changed, to my credit rating, my zip code, my driving record (Unless you count another year of trouble free and ticket free driving as IMPROVING my over all average years vs claims numerical factor, in my favor) not my cars indicated value, nor it's garage location or status (still in the garage, it hasn't moved in about 2 years, it's on jack stands)
So I had to call to ask why.
Feliza answered. And wouldn't give me a simple straight forward &^Y%*! answer.
That's right, I'm swearing... because I had to ask about 4 times to get enough clues from what she didn't say, and wouldn't state, to ask the right question that she couldn't dodge.
340 last year, became 650 this year. Why? I haven't yet sent in a written mileage estimate of how many miles I'll drive this year, and they do NOT carry on from the last written estimate as something they will believe in perpetuity, in fact, after 12 months, they do not remember what my driving mileage has been, will be, ever was, or averaged. (less than 50 a year for about the last 10 years) (because I can't afford it, and did a BIG improvement that I went 3x over budget, and am paying down my credit card for)
So, regardless of the annual photo sent in once a year of the speedometer, and it's garaged status, and the 20+ years of being a customer that they can look at the mileage and average it numerically... they instead, quoted me for 3500 miles. Which there is no logical reason for, and no evidence of my having driven my 69 R/T for, in over a decade, maybe, even in two decades, that car hasn't went more than 400 miles... total.
But they went with %$@$^! 3500 miles of premium - about $650, and not the 341 they charged me last year, and the year before, for less than 100 miles.
And they do not have a Non Op insurance for garaged cars, unless you change your registration status with the DMV (waste of time) to Non Op
So until they receive a documented hard copy of an indication starting now that my previous 12 months of coverage is up, that I intend to drive it less than 100 miles, like the past couple of years, they simply send out a bill for 3500 miles of some cockamamie notion they decided is financially viable for THEM.
Lawyers, in laws, used car salesmen, and insurance people. Very difficult to get along with unless you have stupid amounts of money you simply don't care about, and gladly throw away
There’s your sign. Get that lump of Mopar out of the garage and enjoy it. Cut back on the avocado toast, buy the cheap cereal, put the cat on a diet, and just drive the #$%ing car. You put way too much time, money, frustration, and aggravation into that build just to watch rubber dry rot.
ReplyDeleteWhen was the last time you made the LLs?
How long has it been since you mumbled, "Glad he wasn’t here a minute ago" after passing a cop?
That car wants to make tire smoke, and you won’t let it. You live in California, It is your civic duty to crap up the air.
Stop complaining about how much it costs. Go do dumb shit that makes you smile.
If it makes you feel better, I just threw somewhere north of $11k on building an engine for an '86 K5 Blazer that has averaged100 miles a year for the last 20. There is something about 35" tires squealing in protest that just makes me grin, especially after fighting that bastard for 20+ years. Worth it.
lol... but 1st, I have to pay down the credit card, and buy tires and rims for the back... it's only got front tires until I find the right size, and I mean the LARGEST that will fit in the back... 10 wide? 12 wide? 20 tall? 22? I want to FILL those wheel wells. Again, as soon as I pay down the credit card, which has been level, near max, for the last year due to so much shit... vet bill, new cooling system on the commuter, new tires for the commuter, new AC unit (I REALLY chose the right time for a new one, we've had 2months of over 90, and this week's heat wave - it hasn't went lower than 84 at NIGHT)
DeleteI agree, McHeel Hagerty is getting greedy to support his other interests like the Concours he owns. I am dropping them as we speak, after over 20 years of no claims. Also the Hagerty magazine is not worth the cost. Look into other collector car insurers there are a variety of them out there.
ReplyDelete