The 55th annual National Stearman Fly-In, a six day event, brought 91 Stearman owners and pilots, together with enthusiasts at Galesburg Regional Airport in Illinois from Sept 7-12, 2026
the six-day gathering featured fly-outs, a Poker Run, landing and aerobatic competitions, formation flying, restoration awards, and the longstanding traditions that make the event a family reunion for the Stearman community.
That was my dad's favored airplane when he was in flight school until he flew the the B-17. There is more to this story and I will tell you about next week.
oh wow! You must have told me that he flew the B 17... and I've forgotten! I hope you have stories, and even more, that you have photos! Or things, like a flight jacket, or patches, or other memorabilia
That was my dad's favored airplane when he was in flight school until he flew the the B-17. There is more to this story and I will tell you about next week.
ReplyDeleteoh wow! You must have told me that he flew the B 17... and I've forgotten! I hope you have stories, and even more, that you have photos! Or things, like a flight jacket, or patches, or other memorabilia
Delete