Sunday, August 16, 2026

wow... what's cool and has wheels? A chair (if the research is correct, then it's from the USS Gilligan that was hit by kazmakazi in 1945)



the Army and Air Force were still furnishing ships with wood chairs - on casters - in WW2 and they were called captain’s chairs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157104191579343/permalink/2132535924036150

4 comments:

  1. I like your open-minded interpretation of "Cool things with wheels".

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I have the widest possible view, as long as the thing has wheels... I even post about things that wheeled vehicles use, like roads, bridges, paint, design, brakes, exhaust... and I was happy to see this chair was a slam dunk for cool thing with wheels.

      Delete
  2. You present to us a treasure of Americana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share the fun stuff, and the news. Not nearly as well as Paul Harvey did though

      Delete