"just like that"....Geez,these blokes are amazing;and that is why they cannot buy life insurance! One of our great warbird founders,Col Paye,was into this business,but sadly,it killed him. He alone was responsible for saving the only in country Spitfire...from a crate outside the technical school in Sydney,NSW and bringing it back to flying status!Not to mention other warbirds which his family continue to preserve. VALE.
Jesse, The pilot that I was with the first time that I was shot became a consultant for the military to look at projected weapon systems. He went to where that crop duster was built to se if the factory could arm the sprayer s they build at a cheaper cost the the A-10. The did build one and it worked pretty good but could not carry enough protective plating to protect itself. The amount of armor would require a much headier airframe which would have required a much heavier air frand and bracks. The list goes on but you imagine the other problems but I thing they did buida a few for some South American company.
"just like that"....Geez,these blokes are amazing;and that is why they cannot buy life insurance! One of our great warbird founders,Col Paye,was into this business,but sadly,it killed him. He alone was responsible for saving the only in country Spitfire...from a crate outside the technical school in Sydney,NSW and bringing it back to flying status!Not to mention other warbirds which his family continue to preserve. VALE.
ReplyDeletewow... I've never heard of him before, but a Spitfire in a crate? Abandoned and neglected? NUTS! I'm posting about that! Thank you!
DeleteJesse, The pilot that I was with the first time that I was shot became a consultant for the military to look at projected weapon systems. He went to where that crop duster was built to se if the factory could arm the sprayer s they build at a cheaper cost the the A-10. The did build one and it worked pretty good but could not carry enough protective plating to protect itself. The amount of armor would require a much headier airframe which would have required a much heavier air frand and bracks. The list goes on but you imagine the other problems but I thing they did buida a few for some South American company.
ReplyDelete