Sunday, September 27, 2026

UK pilot, Andy Green, most famous for getting the Thrust SSC to break the sound barrier on the ground, and setting the hydrogen land speed record with JCB, owns a 1904 Stanley Steamer he drives in the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run


2 comments:

  1. I may have metioned it to you before: there's a 120 mile drive near here between the towns of New London, MN and New Brighton, MN every Summer. It's open to any vehicle from 1908 or earlier and one or two cylinder vehicles from 1915 or earlier, including motorcycles. I've never participated (my cars and bikes aren't that old) but it makes for wonderful spectating seeing hundred-plus year old cars chuffing past on the country roads. But it takes all the fun out of static museum displays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I don't recall ever learning about it... but, heck, I've been posting about 6 dozen things a week for about 20 years, and covered a LOT that I've forgotten about... I'm going to post this, maybe the first time, maybe the 2nd! Lol

      Delete